So many things I could name that I love and wouldn’t want to live without! But, I started thinking what are some things I could totally do without? The list was bigger than I thought! So here’s my list of some things I am not a fan of.
- Avocados: I know I am going to get a lot of heat for this one. What kind of person doesn’t like avocados?? This girl . . . I struggle with some textures, and it feels like clay when i bite into it. I know they are a healthy fat, so I am working my way to enjoy some guacamole, but we are not there, yet.
- Tent Camping: I don’t think my back can handle a night on the ground after 5 kids. Also, too many bugs and unknown critters. I’ll stick with our RV.
- Turbulence: I actually just talked to someone who says they LOVE turbulence . . . what?!? why?!?! If the plane shakes at all, or God Forbid the pilot comes on and preps us for it, I’m going into a panic attack and my husband is graciously holding my hand telling me that we most certainly will not plummet to our deaths at lightning speed in a ball of fire.
- Horror Movies: Fun story- We had a college student live with us for 9 months and during that time we made a bet, if I lost, I had to watch the IT movies, if she lost she had to watch 52 hallmark Christmas movies. Somehow, the bet ended with me watching the IT movies and her falling asleep during 3 of my hallmark Christmas movies. Long story short- I was horrified and every time I see a red balloon or pass a sewer drain, I halfway expect that creepy clown to be looming in the background. Not cool.
- Egos: Spare me. The quote “I have no time for big egos and small minds” #accurate. I struggle with the ideas of constant competition or thinking you are better than others. We are all doing the best we can, we have all had hardships, and we are all in this together.
- Humidity: Growing up in New Jersey, the struggle was real. If I’m stepping out of the shower stickier then when I went in, I will likely be grumpy.
- Small talk: Don’t get me wrong, a quick chat about the weather, current inflation, or the daily grind is fine. But in the proper settings- I love deep conversations, sharing opinions and ideas, and discussing real life, real problems, real wonders. There have been some very late summer night conversations over some margaritas in the past few years, and I’m here for it.
- Meetings that should have been an e-mail: If we need to meet and discuss something face to face or get lots of input- let do it. If it’s a quick question or a simple topic- let’s not.
- Bananas: Only in a smoothie. Sorry.
- Clutter: I can’t focus. It’s a problem. Clean, neat, light filled spaces are my jam.
Honestly, this blog was so much fun to write! I have no idea why talking about things that I’m not a fan of was so enjoyable. But, it was. Any of these things ring true for you? Let me know, or drop some of your least favorite things in the comments below!
Enjoy these completely unrelated photos of the Telluride Hot Air Balloon Festival that we recently went to, which we totally loved. (Minus the 330 am wake up call and early morning temps).